- What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookie files (cookies) are widely used small text files stored on the device (e.g. phone, computer or tablet) of persons browsing a website.
They serve both website administrators and users and are used for the purpose of:
- properly displaying the website, including ensuring its full functionality (playing of videos, contact forms that can be filled in, etc.);
- integrating the website with social media or YouTube platforms;
- ensuring the security of websites;
- website optimization (e.g. thanks to statistics), website performance and efficiency improvement;
- personalisation of the website for the user, e.g. by displaying user-related content or remembering preferences (e.g. regarding the website language).
- Types cookies and how long they are stored
The website uses the following types of cookies:
- necessary to use the website – they contribute to the website’s usability by enabling basic functions such as navigation on the website and access to secure areas of the website; our website cannot work properly without these files;
- preference-related – they allow the website to store information that changes the appearance or functioning of the website, e.g. preferred language or the region in which the user is located;
- statistics-related – they help us understand how different users behave on the website by collecting and reporting anonymous information (data about website traffic, number of visits, etc.).
- marketing-related – their purpose is to display ads that are relevant and interesting to individual users and therefore more valuable for publishers and advertisers. They can prevent the same advertisement from being displayed repeatedly or allow to track user activity on the website. Administrators use this information only for the purposes of conducting their own marketing activities. Suppliers of certain cookies may, to a certain extent, use data for their own purposes (e.g. Facebook) in accordance with their own privacy and cookie policies, which can be accessed according to the instructions indicated in point 7.
Cookies are divided into session cookies, stored temporarily when the web browser is being used and automatically deleted once the web browser is closed, and persistent cookies stored for the time specified by the cookie owner. The storage periods of individual cookies are indicated in the table below this policy.
- Cookies and personal data
- Providing access to cookie data
The data collected through cookies may be shared by us with professional entities conducting on our behalf marketing campaigns on the Internet or providing services related to our running of the website only for purposes related to our marketing activities, services offered as well as running and developing the website, or with our business partners who run sales outlets for our products, if it is necessary for joint marketing activities or for handling your inquiry.
In matters related to cookies or the protection of personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer: Anna Sosnowska-Sufryd, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Scope of consent and cookie management panel
Underneath this Policy, information about the scope of the consent currently granted and a table with the list of cookies used and their respective storage periods are automatically displayed.
By clicking on the link “Change your consent” below, you gain access to the cookie management panel, which allows you to:
- change the scope of the consent granted and select the categories of cookies the use of which you consent to;
- see the cookies used, their providers and links to the privacy policies applied by them (“details” tab).